Wednesday 9 October 2013

Theatrical Make-up Haul!

Theatrical Make-up College Kit


When my kit arrived I was literally so excited I thought I was going to wet myself. It felt like christmas morning unpacking all of the special effects bits! So after my excitement calmed down, I decided I'd show the world what I ordered.

Everything pictured is from Charles Fox and it was all discounted  because I'm studying Theatrical Make-up. I think it came to around £260 altogether. There are a few things which I didn't need to buy, and some I feel a little disappointed with but the rest I'm over the moon with.


Brush and Tool Belt


I love this. It isn't like a normal brush belt as it has bigger compartments for things such as water sprays, a bottle of liquid latex etc. It makes me feel really professional and kind of made me feel like I'm on the right path to getting to my goal. 
It costs £25.85 but I got it for around £20 with my discount.

Face and Body Art Brushes



These brushes are really soft and so chunky so don't feel like they will break half way through using them. There a really pretty metallic blue and printed with Charles Fox. The 81463/13 is literally the size of my hand- it's huge!

The next few things explain themselves..
Not very glamorous but essential!












Bruise Wheel


I'm so excited to use this. I tried a bit of the blue/black and that alone does a really good job.


Brush Wallet


I really don't want to say this but I'm already slightly disappointed. The face brushes aren't great.. They feel quite rough and for the price (£39) they should be of a higher quality.


Translucent Powder


This is really really white when first put on the skin, but it's great after you blend it in. I like putting this under the eyes then wiping it off to take any fallout from eyeshadow with it.


Camouflage Concealer Palette



These are really creamy but are so pigmented you would't believe. They remind me of MAC Studio Fix Concealers.


SUPRA Greasepaint Palette




This is SO exciting I just want to play with it all and just slap it on my face. I'm still excited just typing this..



Aqua Colour Palette





I just wanna grab my little brothers face and go wild with these. Such pretty colours!


Gelefects for Burns, scars etc


This is the most exciting thing I got. I love this and I cannot wait to get stuck in.



As you can see, I got quite a lot for my first kit but it's all necessary. I really love Theatrical Make-up and this is what I want to do for my career. Plus, we had to get it as part of my college course so.. rude not to.









No comments:

Post a Comment