Wednesday 2 October 2013

REVIEW: L'Oreal True Match Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Foundation




Firstly, if you don't know your shade or you're struggling to decide what shade you actually are- L'Oreal has a 'Find Your True Match Make Up Shade' service online to help you out. The service told me I was W1 Golden Ivory which I would say is spot on. I actually use W3 Golden Beige because I fake tan so I'm a little bit darker than normal. According to L'Oreal, 97% of the UK's female population will be able to find a match within the 22  True Match shades.. which is pretty impressive. Secondly, it's not just the foundation you can buy! The True Match range also offers concealers, blushers, mineral powders and pressed powders but I've never really been drawn to them so can't say what they're actually like.

The bottle is glass so it feels a bit more high-end, and it comes with a pump bottle which means less spillage, less waste and more control. It's an SPF 17 so you'll be protected from UV rays but beware of flashbacks in photos. I'd say this foundation is a medium coverage, and is definitely buildable. It is very liquidy which means you don't need to use a lot to get the coverage you want. I would say it was a semi-matte finish, some say otherwise but it's not as dewy as some and not as matte as others so I'd say half way.

You definitely need to prime when using L'Oreal True Match, or it will end up going patchy within a few hours. Also, use a fair bit of powder to set otherwise it will end up sliding south but other than that it really is a great foundation.

You can get L'Oreal True Match here from Boots for £9.99

Before (bare skin, freckles and all!)

After using L'Oreal True Match








No comments:

Post a Comment