Thursday 13 February 2014

3 Skin Care Products Everyone Loves That I Hate

Before I start, all opinions expressed are completely my own and I am not saying that what doesn't work for me won't work for you. Something I love others will hate and vice versa - so don't throw a tantrum okaysss..

1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

I really really wanted to like this, as so many people had raved about how much it helped their skin. It claims to reduce the appearance of imperfections and unclog pores, yet I didn't notice anything change. I do like how quickly it is absorbed into the skin, and that it provides a smooth, matte base for make-up but it definitely didn't moisturise my skin well. So overall, I'd use this as a primer on clients with oily skin but not as part of my skin care routine.

You can pick this up from boots for £13.00

2. Bioderma Sensibo H2O

Many make-up artists love this cleanser as it feels and looks like water so they feel like it's very unlikely for any irritation to occur on their clients' skin. Don't get me wrong, it removes eye make-up like a dream but I wouldn't class it as a particularly good cleanser. It says it is soap-free but all I can smell is soap?! I felt like I was using washing up liquid or something. I wouldn't have purchased this myself but my brother picked it up for me when he went to France(where it is made) therefore it was a lot cheaper. I will not be repurchasing this cleanser. On the other hand, I love the bioderma hydrabio tonique. It leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed.

Get this cleanser online from escentual for £4.50-£14.50

3. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish


I feel weird putting this in a post about products I hate because at one point I couldn't get enough of it. My skin was glowing, smoother than it had been in ages and it wasn't giving me spots. After receiving it as a Christmas present I began using it again and I did not have the same happy experience as I did before. My skin became extremely lumpy and a rash was developing on my chin. As soon as I stopped using this, the lumps went and so did the rash.After speaking to my Aunty, she said she had the same thing happen to her and couldn't use it anymore. So, sorry Cleanse & Polish you're out.

If you fancy giving it a go, get a tester from the Liz Earle website for only £3.25 with a muslin cloth!

As I said before, just because I don't like these products doesn't mean you won't love them. My Mum will swear by Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish but I will swear against it. What works for one person may not work for another. So try them out yourself and prove me wrong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment